Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Cinque Terre

Cinque Terre is made up of 5 villages-Monterosso, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola and Riomaggiore. We stayed just outside Riomaggiore in the National Park boundaries. You can buy a day pass for the train to hop on and off in each town or hike between towns but right now a lot of the trails are closed. Here are pictures from our visit in each town.

Monterosso

 I love the color of the water.




 This is where I want to live.
Neptune statue missing arms and his trident.


Vernazza



This dog was in the front seat of a flower delivery truck, wearing a seat belt, waiting for the driver.



Corniglia
381 steps from train station up to town center.







Ceiling of this tiny church.


Manarola



Who is responsible for putting up this metal netting and how do they do it? Not a job I would want!

Riomaggiore

Laundry day




Looking at me as I sat on our hotel room balcony this evening.


Now on to Milan.

No comments:

Post a Comment