Sunday, October 2, 2016

This One Is For Lauren (But anyone can read it.)

Dear Lauren,
Today, on our way to Pittsburgh, I made your father make a stop in Jamestown, New York.  Do you know why? I am sure you figured out it is because Jamestown, New York is the home of Lucille Ball. Here they have a museum celebrating the life of Lucy and Desi.  I had to stop, just for you.  I know you are not crazy about Lucy like you were years ago but I felt like it was a must do.

Desi Arnaz was born March 2, 1917 in Santiago Cuba to a wealthy family.  They lost everything during a government coup and moved to Miami.
Lucille Ball was born August 6, 1911 in Jamestown, New York.
I wonder what those people who told her she had no talent thought once she was a star....


Here are the words in case you want to practice your commercial.


In the second season in 1953 Lucy gives birth to Little Ricky.  More people watched that episode than the inauguration of President Eisenhower.


Lucy mentored Carol Burnett when she first started her career.

A few of the beautiful photos of Lucy they had displayed at the museum.

For 168 episodes the Ricardos lived in NYC. 

Set from the Beverly Palms Hotel in Hollywood

Lucy is the most recognizable image in TV history.  Her face was on TV Guide 36 times, more than any other star.


Home where Lucy was born.  Her grandparents Fred & Florabelle Hunt lived here.

This is the house Lucy grew up in.  The street has been renamed Lucy Lane.

There you go Lauren. This is a picture Lucy autographed for her daughter.  It says "Dearest Darling, I love you so much.  Your Mom."  My sentiments exactly when I think of you Lauren.  I couldn't have said it better.

Love Your Mom.

1 comment:

  1. Although I was not sick very much growing up, some of my favorite childhood memories were when my mom would bring the TV into my room & we would watch old VHS recordings of "I Love Lucy." Great post & info!

    ReplyDelete