Monday, October 17, 2016

Horse Racing Heaven

Today we visited Churchill Downs and the Kentucky Derby Museum in Louisville.  Before I go on...I know we are here at the wrong time but trust me, we WILL be back in May (some year) for the official Derby Day. I love the time of year we get to watch the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness and the Belmont Stakes and the chance at a Triple Crown winner.  It is my most favorite of sporting events. So you know today was one of the highlights of our travel so far.  Here are pictures from the visit.
Churchill Downs, Louisville, KY


Hats, Hats, and more hats


Churchill Downs


American Pharoah trophies 

Trying a mint julep; me winning Derby trivia against LW; Bill Shoemaker's outfit-look at his size; our "bets" for a race-LW won $0 I won $13.20.  No real money, just for fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment