Sunday, October 2, 2016

Mother Nature is Amazing!

Sometimes it is incredible what Mother Nature has created.  Niagara Falls far exceeded my expectations.  It is so beautiful.  The power of the water is awesome.  We spent the day exploring and participating in several activities that took us up close to the falls.  First we went on the Maid of the Mist boat ride.  There is another ride (The Hornblower) on the Canadian side but how could we pass up the Maid of the Mist.  Have you seen Bruce Almighty with Jim Carrey?  They give you a poncho to protect you from the spray.  Trust me you need it.  They go so close to the falls, it is crazy.  I asked one of the guys who works for Maid of the Mist how many ponchos they give out each day.  He said today it would probably be about 4,000.  On a Saturday in summer it is more like 20,000.  WOW! Good thing they recycle all the used ponchos.

Then we went to the Cave of Winds tour.  At first LW was kinda dragging his feet.  When you go on this tour, they give you some sandals to wear and a bag to carry your shoes and socks in.  He didn't really want to take his shoes off but I think he was glad he did.  If you want to get wet, this is the activity for you.  Even though we were wearing the poncho they gave us, we were soaked up to the knees.  There are over 75,000 gallons of water going over the American Falls every SECOND! See the person in the yellow poncho? That's me!


Here's a slideshow of some of the other photos I took.





This has been a great visit! Now on to Pittsburgh.

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to see Niagara Falls....you've convinced me to visit! I got your sweet note in the mail, Sister! I miss you, too!!!

    ReplyDelete