Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Choose My Adventure Series #1

So today the J and L Roadshow reviewed the results of our first poll in our Choose My Adventure series.  The results were:
Since it was a tie, I let the "L" in the J and L Roadshow make the deciding vote.  He chose the Blanton.
So off we went.  Here are few of my favorite things from our visit.
Cildo Meireles installation called "Missoes."
Explanation for the installation
2000 cattle bones

600, 000 pennies

800 Communion wafers
Two things I LOVE are oil paintings from centuries ago and marble sculptures of kids.  You can imagine I was in heaven in Italy.
Holy Family by Mattia Preti in 1653

Madonna & Child by Giuseppe Cades in 1790

By Jean Charlot in 1937 entitled Primero Pasos

The Truant by Randoph Rogers in 1857

Tavares Strachan in 2012

We also viewed Ellsworth Kelly's permanent installation called "Austin."


Tumbling Squares

Color Grid

Starburst

The Totem-18 ft tall made of redwood logged in the 19th century and found at the bottom of a riverbed.


Great day at the Blanton Museum of Art here in Austin.  Watch for next week's "Choose My Adventure" poll.

No comments:

Post a Comment